07 January 2009

Sorry: It Took Me Time To Learn To Blog ...

Willow here, blogging from my crib in room 8310, Victory Hotel: Today, we went to a phenomenal museum where we visited a tomb a couple of thousand years old and saw a collection of 200 ceramic pillows (I am not sure I would like to sleep on those. Would you?) Unfortunately, we do not have any photos from this experience because Daddy lost the camera at a Starbucks. We don’t know what happened?? I’m becoming a real Starbucks girl, by the way; also a banana girl – I love to eat bananas by myself – they are so smushy.
Anyway, after the Starbucks incident, Aunt Sara (Gao Yuan) took us to a very beautiful garden in Guangzhou. Aunt Sara let us use her camera for photographs, so there are a whole bunch of nice ones below, especially of me. We began on a nice path. It was a corridor of green. We stopped the circular entrance gate for good luck. I have been a great girl all day today, although a little hot (but, tell me…even sweating, am I adorable or what?). Along the Garden path we came upon a Chinese Tea House where a couple was feeding the koi in the pond below. Mom took me there to practice my sign language, which my parents are teaching me daily – I liked the koi and understood the sign that I learned for the word fish. At the pond was a boat that I thought might make a nice photo. And, at the end of the walk, it was time for my bottle…so good. As happy as I was during the day, well … for about an hour after I took a bath … that’s another story.Tomorrow, we will go to one of my dad’s favorite spots in Guangzhou – a super huge bookstore. Then we will go buy a new camera. Overall, I think that I am adapting well to my new life. I’m beginning to understand my parents … I even let dad hold me for most of the day today. Did I already tell you about the kiss I gave mommy yesterday at, I believe, approximately 2:47 pm while in the taxi on the ride home to our Hotel on Shamian Island. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll have more to say.





This one I like a lot. My people (the Chinese) speak very eloquently and pretty. This sign says Hall of Exquisite Fragrance (where they grow orchids). And then Time Cherishing Veranda.

My Mom told me that grandma likes bamboo, so I wanted to post a picture for her.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Willow! So nice to see that you are having a great time with mommy and daddy. Crazy that we both used to live in the same place at that weird Wuchuan place. Trust me, America and mommys are much more fun!

Love,
Faith

andih said...

Hi Willow! Thanks for sharing all your pictures with us. Your new parents are really cool people--looks like they are already taking you to see a lot of neat places in china.

Glad to see you are giving your mom's back a rest and letting dad carry you for a while :) I can't wait to meet you!