12 January 2009

More Excellent Adventure Photos ....

I purchased a gift for future "adoption day" celebrations, i.e., every December 29th (this one is for when Willow is older). But, she was very interested and seemed to know what it was for so I let her hold the bracelet to see what she did. In the second photo you will see she is very proud of her accomplishment! By the way, we spend countless hours like this: Willow is perched on her "happy" spot (my stomach), where she clambers to every time I get onto the bed.






Scratching and scratching ... Uh oh. Off with the shirt to have a look. Another outbreak of scabies (the eggs can stay ... occasionally necessitating a second treatment). But first ... a bath.




Not too happy about getting the permethrin lotion (scabies treatment) put all over me, from scalp to between toes.

All is well again (now that it's dinner time). Willow now insists on feeding herself (broccoli + chicken baby food, on this occasion). China parents are so practical and ingenious: we purchased this bib, which covers the arms and wraps halfway around the back (and the front is lined with plastic). This one is inscribed: Little Pups Sometimes Make Big Messes.

One spoon isn't enough: let me try double-dipping, by shoving both loaded spoons into my mouth in quick succession.

Yum.
After dinner is is time to get into pajamas and relax on the potty while watching the Signing Times video. Here, Willow is making the sign for "more"

Now it is time for bed.... One or two tear fall (crocodile tears) and she's out for the count. It isn't all complete bliss: I was up three times last night, awoken by crying and tears. Twice a warm bottle was all she needed, but the third time it was time to get up... and jump on my Mom's stomach to start the day. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Meryl,

I showed Chun Feng your daughters picture - immediately he said "Chun Qi"

Hope we can get together