28 December 2010

December 28th: Willow's Family Day (Two Years Ago)

This was the first time we saw Willow (Chun Qi), as the ayi (orphanage caretaker on left) and other staff person walk her towards us. At the time I was too apprehensive myself to fully comprehend how The Little One's history and temperament might be affecting her emotional state and fear of the unfolding events. Now that I know this precious child, it is almost unbearable to know she had any scary moments in her life for which I wasn't there to comfort her--pure agony for us, but likely traumatic for her:

First hug, kiss, and smell of this lovely little creature. The life she knew for 21 months was abruptly disintegrating; my life was beginning:

Happy husband! Willow: shut down and numb:
Still waters run deep:


Transitioning, but hypervigilant:


Acceptance? Neutrality? Comforted?:

Emergence:





No comments: