10 December 2010

Rosemary's Baby

Pictures are deceiving ....


If you do not know the basic premise of the movie, the title of this post won't be that humorous. Suffice it to say that our little Tupelo was possessed for 3 weeks running (see earlier post, "Is Tupelo's Heart Healing"). She cried more hours than not, and awoke (inconsolable and angry) numerous times each night (presumably night terrors, but I didn't turn on the light to see if she was still asleep; rather, I did my best to console the tasmanian devil inhabiting the crib).

This began about a week after her first surgery; it stopped about the same time both girls came down with hand-foot-mouth virus (and I administered baby oxycodone to alleviate the pain from the sores in their throats enough to drink some fluids, but perhaps it broke her pattern of dismay). Miraculously, happy-nutty-cuddly girl returned, day and night.
The adoption social workers speculate that the trauma of surgery triggered a type of post-traumatic stress syndrome in her. Eeee gads. "Though back to herself, and adjusting to her new life again, we are holding our breath as surgery #2 (more painful than surgery #1) is scheduled for this coming Monday. Prayers and good thoughts requested.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Ah come on, look how sweet and innocent she looks!!! LOL, been there done that my friend. Hang in there, this too shall pass :)

Joan (Nana) said...

Praying for you and your little ones.

cmath72 said...

Thoughts and prayers for Tupelo's second surgery. Hope all goes well. Glad to hear that she is out of whatever was going on.

e said...

Dear mom, I know I'm seeming like stalker friend at this point, and we will talk tomorrow, but I want to make sure that you're getting some support here. Your sweet girls are going to be fine--YOU however, need massages, facials, and general relief from time to time. I know how hard it is--I couldn't leave my babies for even a night out for soooo long. But you must do it! ;-)