26 December 2010

Hanukkah and Christmas

Well, I almost forgot Hanukkah altogether; we read books, but with Tupelo's impending surgery and single-parenting while the spouse was away for work, I did not have the mojo to dust off my menorah and add this celebration to honor the other half of my heritage. Please enjoy a few pictures from our Christmas celebration. Our tree (a small, folksy Sequoia) is on the counter as it would not weather the hands of a 23-month old. Warmest holiday greetings to you and yours; may peace soon prevail on earth:



Gingerbread Bears:



Clarice:


Willow enjoying her Folkmanis kangaroo and joey:

Tupelo's favorite gift seemed to be the pink tulle skirt (she wore it all day, including during her nap). The no-no's on her arms are meant to keep her fingers, and any stray objects, out of her mouth for the next few weeks (and yes, she is somewhat miserable when wearing them):

So far about 24 inches of snow:

Finally, a good nap:

3 comments:

Dawn & Paul said...

You are two of the most special parents I know. Those kids look so loved and happy and that is success.

Jill and Rick said...

Just checked in after you left a comment on my blog - your girls are precious!! Looks like you've been through it with Tupelo's surgeries and adjustments but they are both just adorable.

& might I add that I am so glad we found BAAS!

Jill

e said...

Mommy, you totally ROCK it!