25 January 2011

Cabin Fever (literally and figuratively)

Our past month: strep throat, the croup, stomach flu x 2, random 3-week coughing virus, and topping it off: a febrile seizure complete with a trip by ambulance to Children's Hospital. We are all well now, and happy, so Mom is ready to catch up with the blog with a couple of posts with pictures from January and February. Don't forget to check for other new posts (see "older posts").

Did you know that shampoo decimates the bubbles (in bubble bath)? Neither did I (until I got a hot tip in the bubble-bath aisle). Shampoo first, then fill tub and add bubble mix.





To enhance "attachment", and comfort Tupelo when she is out-of-sorts (still often, but not as frequently), I was encouraged to wear her (in the Ergo carrier) as much as I could. I took the pictures below when she was being worn on my back; she loves my scarves (and here she is playing peek-a-boo):





A playdough afternoon can be spiced up if you add Martha Stewart glitter ....


Cabin fever:

What to do with two toddlers when it is hovering below zero degrees for a month: go for two or three sled runs on the hill in the village green, then head for hot chocolate at the local coffee shop:

2 comments:

The Drinkwaters said...

Love the little pig tails in Tupelo's hair!

Donna said...

Hope all the sickies stay away for good!! Love all the pics :)