12 February 2009

Two owls (and one owl ate some craisins!).



Augustus Wiggles, a.k.a. "Gus", is a good sport.

My buddhist frog is now sporting a cross. I was waiting with Willow at the pharmacy and struck up a conversation with a gentleman next to us. Willow captured his attention (and heart), and he shared a bit of his story. Anyway, we had a very deep conversation about life, adoption, and surviving cancer (which he had). After getting Willow's meds, we said goodbye (but, as you may know, it takes a long time to get down a hall with a toddler ... he found us again, and pressed a very special gift into my hands. I protested, but he insisted we had been his guardian angels that day. He took the cross off his neck because he wanted Willow to have it. Not only is it gold, but it is embellished with platinum (I think, see picture below). Though Willow will be raised with several religions and spiritual choices (Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, and metaphysical), I think this is a special gift. I don't know his name, but I hope we'll meet again outside the pharmacy so he can see Willow blossom.

No comments: